Anonymous said:Hello my fellow atheist fedora-wearing neckbeard! I too dont like women bwcause one time a girl said she didnt want to date me! Can uou believe it? Men literally have no rights anymore!
Mr. Cappadocia replied:Actually, it’s more “I’m concerned that according to VAWA policy a woman can pick up a fucking brick and cold-clock a man with it because according to VAWA a woman can strike first to “prevent abuse” and the de facto guilty party is whomever is taller and weighs more.
So, while I’m not overly concerned as to whether or not a girl breaks your heart… It does in fact trouble me that if she busts a fucking wineglass upside your face and you call the police there’s a reasonable chance you’ll be arrested, convicted and cashiered because she cut her hand in the act.
Police must consider whether the injuries and the evidence corroborate the statements made by each party and by witnesses. Police must be aware of the many strategies victims utilize to reduce the risks to themselves and their children; for example, a victim may strike in anticipation of the aggressor’s violence as a means to prevent a higher level of violence, or to prevent harm to a child or a pet.
- Offensive and defensive injuries
- The seriousness of injuries received by each party
- Threats made by a party against the other or a family member or a pet
- Whether a party acted in self-defense or in the defense of another
- The height and weight of the parties
- Which party has the potential to seriously injure the other party
- Any history of domestic violence between the parties
- Prior convictions of assault
- Orders for protection that have been filed by a party
- Whether a party has a fearful demeanor
- Whether a party has a controlling demeanor
- Witness statements
Call me old fashioned.
[Brett Caton: also c.f. http://www.batteredmen.com/HamelDomAggressorViewpoint.pdf]