blackjackgabbiani said: I have actual, real-world experience as a feminist, doing real political work, and the way you claim that it's ignorance to say that the anti-equality people aren't feminists is garbage. They AREN'T feminists because they don't work for equality. They don't meet the one single definition required for it. Egalitarianism is a whole made of parts, and feminism is in fact one of those parts. Claiming that people don't know what they're talking about just because they disagree with you is crappy.draumbouy-deactivated20150111:
WHAT AN ADORABLE LITTLE ANECDOTE.
now lets all snap back to reality here and look at FACTS.
let’s look at what real feminism has done in the real world.
Now, theres no question that feminists did some great things for womens rights. but they’ve also done a whole lot of bad for both genders as well, especially in recent years.
many of the first feminists where white supremacists.
feminist have campaigned and fought against equality for both genders on many occasions
many feminist leaders were borderline genercidal. In fact Valerie Solanas, who helped to shape modern patriarchy theory, and who’s writing is still taught today in womens studies classes, not only attempted to assassinate Andy Warhol, but also wrote a book called the S.C.U.M. Manifesto (or feminist Mein Kompf), which was about gendercide, and she is still hailed as a feminist hero to this day. this book is still used in womens studies classes despite the fact that it proposes reducing the male population to 10% and using them for breeding purposes.
Now i know what you’re gonna say, NOT ALL FEMINISTS.
Feminism is a political movement. It has leaders. The rest of the people who join it, like the bloggers on tumblr, inherently support them by supporting feminism. Its not a big enough party to have multiple sects. Political parties motives are determined not by the supporters, but by the people who lead them, the people who do fundraisers, and organize protests, and slutwalks. The people who create the propaganda. The ones who write the literature, and who teach the women’s studies courses and plan their curriculums. Those people are far more influential than a sixteen year old with a blog and a few hundred followers.
The thing is, even your definition of feminism is wrong. The name itself should tell you that this is a gendered movement. Im assuming you’re going by the Websters definition.
Now im gonna do a breakdown on why even by its very definition feminism isnt for equality.
men actually have less rights than women. men are also demonized as rapists due to unequal rape laws that favor women. when you analyze the situation you’ll find that women rape almost as often as men (about 40% of rapists are women) and men are raped just as often if not more than women.
- That link will take you to the ACTUAL definition of Feminism. now Websters did in fact say sexes but its secondary definition said“organized activity on behalf of women’s rights and interests" which even by Websters is still in favor of women. The oxford english dictionary also says that feminism is indeed about women.You are probably asking yourself why this is even a problem. Aren’t women the ones who still need rights? Well see that may have been true twenty years ago but now it really isn’t. The main problem with the definition of feminism is that it enforces this idea that men live in some ideal world that women should want to live in. Idealizes our situation has the negative effect of erasing our problems. So even by its very definition feminism is already fucking up the idea of equal treatment and consideration.
Men want protection against false rape allegations. They feel that a man’s life should not be ruined simply on the allegation of a woman who may be a vindictive liar. Currently, a woman can accuse a man of rape for no reason, and the man’s name is splashed in the paper and his life is ruined. So, they fought for laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
Feminists fought against this, causing it to fail. Also see here, the London Feminist Network campaigning to defeat the proposal.
Men want an end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
Feminists fought against this, arguing that no woman should be sent to jail, even women who had murdered multiple people.
Men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
Feminists fought against this by trying to suppress evidence showing that half of domestic violence is done by women, by threatening the researchers with bomb threats, death threats, etc. Modern, younger feminists are doing it as well.
The feminist definition of domestic violence has skewed arrest and prosecution philosophies, resulting primarily in having only male batterers criminally pursued.
Men want female rapists to be arrested, charged, and convicted with rape. In Western countries, women are rarely punished when raping men, due to the biased legal system. In some countries, women cannot be punished when raping men, since rape is defined as a male-perpetrated crime.
Feminists fought against this in India, arguing that “there is a physicality [in] rape” and that it would make things “more complicated for judges.”
Feminists fought against this in Israel, claiming that changing the law would result in men filing false rape claims.
Men don’t want to be thrown in jail because they lost their jobs and temporarily cannot pay child support.
Feminists fought against this, trying to lower the amount to $5000 before a man is guilty of a felony for not paying child support. If a man loses a decent-paying job, he will now be a felon, go to jail, lose his right to vote, AND be unable to find future jobs—if he cannot regain an equal-paying job within a few months.
Men want equal economic support and help from the government. When the recession hit, male-dominated fields like construction lost millions of jobs, while female-fields like education and healthcare gained jobs. So the government proposed an economic stimulus for those fields.
Feminists successfully fought against this, arguing that it was discrimination to support men, and caused the government to give money to women who didn’t deserve it. Hundreds of professional feminists complained against the “sexism” of helping men (who had lost jobs) and not women (who had gained jobs).
A representative of the Michigan National Organization for Women testified in opposition to the Revocation of Paternity Act, which stopped the old law which stated that if a woman was married and cheated on her husband, the resulting child is considered to be legally the husband’s and the biological father had no legal rights to fight for custody or parenting time with his biological child.
In 2008, a law was passed in England and Wales that allowed long-term domestic violence victims who killed their abuser to be charged with the lesser charge of manslaughter, but this only applies to women.
In California and Montana, a woman can name any man she likes as the father, he gets a letter in the mail, if he does not prove he isn’t the father within 30 days he is now the father and must pay. He cannot contest it. And DNA tests to prove paternity are not considered proof by the courts.
Women who falsely accuse a man of rape, who would be sent to prison for 10+ years if convicted, only gets fined or a slap on the wrist.
There is also the gender bias in the Probation Departments:
A higher score on the Probation Assessment Tool (PAT) means a recommendation that could lead to eventual dismissal of charges. A lower score means probation or lockup, not to mention the juvenile delinquent tag. [Judge] Hunt claims PAT routinely rewards girls with 14 extra points for gender alone, while boys get 0.
Then there are studies that show women who fail to pay child support are incarcerated only 1/8th as often as men with similar violations.
The feminist definition of domestic violence has skewed arrest and prosecution philosophies, resulting in having mostly male batterers criminally pursued, and female batterers left alone.
Men who are falsely accused of rape can have their names published and their lives ruined even if they are not convicted or charged - their accuser is protected and is likely to face no punishment, or a light one.
And you seriously wonder why women don’t want to be a part of the feminist movement?
- Feminists skewed the Definition of Domestic Abuse, resulting in only male abusers being arrested and female abusers not.
- Feminists’s DV training hurts Police training
- Feminist Mary Koss denies male rape victims.
- Feminists violently protesting against Warren Farrell at U of Toronto
- A mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism.
- Feminists disrupt a forum for battered men
- Feminists fought a law for equal custody to be the default if both parents want custody and neither parent is unfit. Multiple times.
- Feminists started a campaign against Father’s rights groups
- Feminists fought against laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
- Feminists fought against a law to end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
- Feminist fought against men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
- Feminists in India and Israel fought against female rapists being arrested, charged and convicted of rape.
- Feminists fought against a economic stimulus for male-dominated job such as construction, etc.
- Feminist fought a law against Paternity Fraud.
- Feminist Harriet Harman has publicly requested employers to hire women in preference to White men if both job candidates are equally
- Equality Minister,feminist Patricia Hewitt, was found guilty of breaching the Sex Discrimination Act by “overlooking a strong male candidate for a job in favour of a weaker female applicant”.
- Elected in 2009, the lesbian feminist prime minister Johanna Sigurdardottir has vowed to “end of the Age of Testosterone
- Feminists want to peeing while standing illegal
- Erin Pizzey had to flee the UK because she and her family received death threats and her dog murdered all because feminists didn’t like that she discovered women were equally as violent as men.
- Also Suzanne Steinmetz and her children received death threats and bomb threats she discovered that the rate at which men were victimized by domestic violence was similar to the rate for women.
- Richard Gelles and Murray Straus have all received death threats from feminists, simply for publishing their findings (that female-to-male family violence was equal to the rate of male-to-female violence).
- Feminists say Men can’t be raped.
- Feminists defend female raping minor.
- Feminist defends why fucking an 8 year old boy isn’t rape.
- Most feminists backed studies are bullshit.
- Beyond reasonable doubt doesn’t apply to rape.For men only
- Feminist changes mind on rape culture when her son is falsely accused.
- Feminists primary aggressor clause discriminates against males.
- Feminists cover up female domestic abuse stats.
- Jezebel mocks men who are abused.
- Feminists make sure the gov doesn’t spend money on male shelters or male research.
- Feminists prevent a meeting about male suicide.
- Feminists stage mock murders to scare men.
- Feminist attacks male cartoonist and is hailed a hero of feminism.
- Feminists shut down forum for battered husbands.
- Propaganda campaign against male fathers wanting custody.
- Feminists wish to slander accused names before convicted.
- Try to shut down female prisons.
- Create rape laws that exclude female rapists.
- Make it impossible to charge women with rape.
- Feminists against equal custody.
- Female felons should serve home sentences.
- Told judges to be lenient on women.
- Feminists cover up female domestic violence.
- Feminists don’t want the gov to help unemployed men.
- Feminists launch campaigns to help girls only while boys are doing worse in every facet of education.
- Males who were raped as a child still have to pay child support.
- Women should have the right to put a child up for adoption before the father gets custody.
- Feminists against beyond reasonable doubt when it’s male rapists.
- 5 rights feminism ignores for men.
- Feminists blame males for their abuse.
- The primary aggressor clause where only men get charged with abuse.
- Shame men into going to war.
- Feminists dismiss female child rapists.
- Feminists say men can’t talk about domestic abuse.
- Feminists mock a man who has his dick cut off.
- feminists attack church.
- Feminists shut down a festival about gender equality for including men.
- Feminists hope MRA’s die.
- Feminists against fathers day.
- Feminist makes up fake assault stories.
- Female reporter bullied by feminists at the National Young Feminist Leadership Conference